Saturday, February 4, 2012

Featured Teacher Author: Ms. Lee


1.     How long have you been on Teachers Pay Teachers?  What made you decide to be a part of it?
I have only been selling products on TpT since August of 2011. I have over 400 products posted and I am constantly posting new items every week. A teacher told me about TpT and I found some great products to use in my secondary social science classroom. A year later, I decided to try selling my products and have been addicted ever since. Sales have been great! 

2.     When did you know that you wanted to be in education?
My entire family are secondary teachers, so I guess it's hereditary! I truly love my profession. I also enjoy being a master teacher, a teacher coach and a faculty presenter.

3.     How are you currently involved in education?
I have a secondary social science teaching credential from California and I have taught every subject and grade (7-12) in social science. I am currently a master teacher (I train student teachers), a teacher coach (I help struggling teachers) and a faculty presenter. I also teach an online civics class and also have taught adult ESL Citizenship.

4.     What would be your advice to people who are considering joining Teachers Pay Teachers?
   Do it! There are so many fantastic teacher-created items on TpT you will wonder why you never joined earlier. My motto..."work smarter not harder". Your time is valuable, so why spend hours making a power point presentation or a lesson plan when you can buy one for less than $5.00? If only they had this site available 15 years ago when I first started teaching. I could have saved so much valuable time! Also, it is a great way to sell your teacher-created items. You worked hard making them, so why not earn a little cash for all your hard work?

5.     What has been a highlight, thus far, about being on Teachers Pay Teachers?
Every time a get a notification, "you sold a product" I get so excited! It's addicting. I also have found so many creative items on TpT that I currently use in my social science classroom.

6.     What is something fun about you that other teachers don’t know?
I am the "social director" of my neighborhood. I recently planned a Halloween potluck and over 100 people attended. Can you say "extrovert"? I love to plan parties and events.

7.     Do you participate in education outside of the classroom?  In what type of role?
My goal this year is to create an educational blog and write a book for student-teachers.

8.     What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Party Planner...duh!

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Any profession shown on the TV show "dirty jobs".

10. Who is your favorite author?  Favorite educational author?  And why?
I only read non-fiction, usually historical, political or spiritual books. I especially like the "... for Dummies" books... funny and educational!




Ms. Lee's Prized Products

I have created a list of directions for 14 fun and creative classroom games for the middle or high school classroom.




Below is a link to a free power point presentation about the French Revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...